From the ground up, RHI was built for Rehabilitation
Take Virtual Tour
RHI was built for rehabilitation, and that is evident when you visit the scenic campus. RHI’s main campus
offers the following amenities:
- A 12,000 square foot gymnasium with state-of-the-art equipment
- Our gym has practice areas such as a kitchen, bathroom, bed and car
- The swimming pool is used for rehabilitation
- Patients enjoy large rooms that do not restrict wheelchair mobility
- Large bathrooms with customized showers and sinks built especially for rehabilitation patients
- Hallways and doors are wide, and nursing stations are built at wheelchair height
- A Transitional Living Unit (TLU) within the hospital
The TLU is a furnished apartment-style living area that allows patients to practice being at home while professional help is readily available. Patients and caregivers will test their skills and build confidence in their abilities while discovering areas for continued improvement.
Some Questions You May Have...
Are there hotels close by where my family and friends stay at discounted rates?
The reception desk has a list of all of the hotels in the area, along with a list of many hotels that offer discounts to our patients’ friends and caregivers.
Can patients have a large group join to celebrate events such as birthdays and anniversaries?
Caregivers can reserve a conference room, depending on availability, on weekdays after 6:00 p.m., and on weekends. Arrangements can be made through a discharge planner, the reception desk, or through the administration executive assistant.
Can patients go outside with visitors?
Weather permitting and with approval of their nursing unit, patients are encouraged to go outside with assistance.
Can my friends and family take me out to eat?
In some cases, patients are allowed to dine out with caregivers if it is a therapeutic activity. Insurance will need to approve this activity if their caregivers have been checked off and approved by RHI.
Can my family bring me food from outside of RHI?.
Your friends and family may bring you food in to RHI after confirming any dietary restrictions or requirements with your nurse.
See All FAQs